25 March 2006

The Wrath of Korobeiniki

I know that I am long overdue for an update. Now, I’m sure that loyal readers (and I know that there are a few) are waiting with bated breath for the next installment of my investigative report on vodcasting, but I have a perfectly good excuse as to why it hasn’t appeared yet:

I’ve been playing Tetris DS.

“But Jimmy,” you say, “why the hell would you pay twenty bucks for a game which you already own three times over and which is available on the internet in hundreds of different permutations?” Well, dear reader, I believe that you underestimate the amount of love I have for this game. I’m the kind of Tetris player who once played an uninterrupted game for eight hours, promptly fell asleep, and then dreamed a full eight hours of falling tetrads. I’m the guy who sets impossible-to-beat records on other people’s copy of the game. I’m fully of the disposition to believe that Tetris single-handedly ended the Cold War. In short, I am a Tetris fanatic, and the lure of a newly updated and shiny version was too much for me to resist. Couple this update with the classic Nintendo motif, and I pretty much void my sanity as I gladly pay twenty dollars American Cash Money for a game which I’ve grabbed up several times before. A word to the wise: I will pretty much agree to anything of any sort if it carries the trappings of one of the original games released for the Nintendo Entertainment System. Hell, I’d probably even go to graduate school if Urban Champion was somehow involved in the process.

So that’s why I haven’t been writing for the blog. I’ve been cracking 200 lines in Marathon, cheating the CPU in Push, and losing by that much against dudes in Japan over wi-fi. This entry was even supposed to be longer, but a calling to beat my previously set high score put an end to that right quick. Will I be able to pry myself away from this heathen electronic long enough to provide my readers with a new installment? Well, I better; there are some very interesting things on the horizon. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2594777/1/